Monday, July 26, 2010

First Scenario- June 22nd, 1941

The invasion is going well, and resistance is spotty at best. My Panzer Division is heading toward Grodno after breaking through the frontier defenses.

My small reinforced recon group has been tasked with advancing Eastward and finding the enemy. Or as my commander said "Go East, get shot at, then report back".

My force is composed of :
1 Pz IIF
1 Pz IIIH
1 Pz IVE
2 251/1 Halftracks
2 Opel Blitz trucks
6 Rifle sections (24 figs)
3 LMG sections (3 LMG, 3 assistant gunners for 6 figs)
81mm Mtr and crew (Mtr and 3 figs)
2 Leaders (an 8-1 and an 8-0)
1 Campaign Leader (me as an 8-0)

A friendly Fieseler Storch has dropped me a note that ahead of me is a crossroads that has some enemy activity. Here is a picture of the Polish rural crossroads with some fields and farms as seen from the friendly Fieseler Storch:

I've labeled some salient points of interest I will refer to in this After Action Report.

I am entering from the Friendly Board Edge (West) by the Northern Road spur. You can see the ? markers (and the buildings with roofs) that constitute the enemy forces that have yet to be activated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?