Thursday, August 19, 2010

Endgame number 2

The end action is kind of anti-climatic, however....

I get my infantry into Woods R, although the BT-7 is proving more problematic than I would wish it to be.

The BT-7 manages to immobilize my Armored Car (they passed their "Oh Crap" check and got an 8-0 armor leader to boot !) but is promptly destroyed by return fire from my other AFVs. The BA-6 is ineffective, and rolls to press forward where it can actually hit something (the field hinders the To Hit roll).


The BT-7 dies and I drive the infantry out of woods S

The Soviet Infantry was pretty inneffectual at stopping me, failing morale check rolls and routing, although I took a few losses cleaning out woods I. In that attack, the BA-6 is destroyed and along with it any chance the Soviets can change their fortunes in this scenario.

Endgame, 12:25 PM
The few infantry on hill O could do nothing to stop me and the ? markers wound of blank (an HMG that appeared in woods K routed after 1 shot from my task force). I had broken the Soviet will to resist and Victory was mine !

German Losses:
3 rifle infantry
1 Immobilized AC

Russian Losses:
21 rifle infantry
LMG
ATR
2x BT-7
1 x T-26
1x T34-M40
1x 45 AT (captured)

My personal leader gained enough elan to reach 8-1 status and I gained an 8-0 armor leader in my scout car (which should be repaired for the next scenario).

All in all, the rules worked fairly well (I need a few tweaks here and there).

Its onward to the East from here......

No comments: