Sunday, August 15, 2010

Second Scenario- June 23rd 1941

Regiment has not made good some of the losses from yesterday's hectic day. They let me retain the 250 halftrack and the rifle section, but do not forward me another Mk II. However, at least the Mark IV was quickly patched up and on the move again- those boys in Panzer Maintenence are on the ball !. I could've used some more infantry, however.....

All this largesse from the Regiment means only one thing- I am to continue to advance at the sharp end. "Go down there, get shot at and report back...."

My Forces :
1 Pz IIIH
1 Pz IVE
1 Sdkfz 221 Armored Car
1 251/1 Halftracks
1 250/1 Halftrack
2 Opel Blitz trucks
5 Rifle sections (20 figs)
2 LMG sections (2 LMG, 2 assistant gunners for 4 figs)
81mm Mtr and crew (Mtr and 3 figs)
2 Leaders (an 8-1 and an 8-0)
1 Campaign Leader (me as an 8-0)
 

Since beating back the Soviet Counter-attack yesterday, resistance has been non-existent. The whole Polish countryside is hot, dry and spookily empty except for the rumble of our tracks and the occasional grunt from the dusty Panzer Troops....

Overhead, the droning of a Fieseler Storch makes its presence felt as it swoops down and drops a message cannister- the enemy has been sighted ahead around a small crossroads.....

The Situation

My scout car edges its way up the road, drawing fire from some jumpy Russians on Hill A and Woods B. So far so good.... except that as its last activation, it turns up 45 AT on the East edge of Hill A. Luckily they miss the thin-skinned vehicle, and the scout car scurries out of its line of sight further up the road.

The rest of my force enters carefully, with the Pz IV laying some smoke and blinding the AT gun- we'll deal with it when I get my infantry and mortar up and online.

End of 1st Turn
I clean the Soviets out of woods B. With that as a fire-base for my mortar and MGs, I can now combat the Russians and that gun on Hill A. Soviet fire has been negligible and ineffective and it appears I have confused them with the suddeness of my attack. Its a good start so far......


Pressing the Russians on Hill A...

No comments: